Monday 4 May 2020

Answers: β-Grammar Drill (1)

Form 4 & 5


Shalom and hi! These are the answers to the Grammar Drill 1 exercises. Mark your work with a red pen, and please leave a comment below or pm me if you have any questions! 😃




The Answers 


  1.   Till this day, James is (be) the naughtiest boy I know (know).  His mother told (tell) me that last year, he locked (lock) a friend in a storeroom in school. Then, he went (go) for recess with everyone else. After recess, when the teacher asked (ask) where his friend was, he said (say) he did (do) not know. When he finally went (go) to open the door, his friend was crying loudly. The discipline teacher was (be) so angry! James was (be) caned three times.


2.       When I grow up, I want (want) to be a fireman. I made (make) this decision after I saw (see) two fireman rescuing my neighbour’s children from their burning house. Everyone thought (think) it was (be) too late for the children, but not the brave firemen. They ran (run) into the burning house and rescued (rescue) Dolah and Khadijah. I will always remember how they came (come) out of the fire carrying one child each. It was (be) so heroic! I want (want) to help people, too, so I will do my best to become (become) a fireman!


3.       It is (be) important to take care of the environment. One of the things we can do (do) to reduce pollution is to carpool. My father did (do) this with two friends last year. When I asked (ask) him, he told (tell) me that doing this will save money and help save the environment. Father said (say) he spent (spend) less money on petrol because he shared (share) the cost with his friends. He was (be) happy that he helped (help) to protect our environment. He will carpool again this year after he discusses this with his friends.



4.       I love (love) flowers very much. I like (like) looking at them, and I like (like) planting them. I am (be) sad because now I live (live) in an apartment and cannot plant anything. Two years ago, I stayed/was staying (stay) in a single-storey house. I planted (plant) many types of flowers! In my garden I had (have) hibiscus, bougainvillea, daisies and lilies. There were (be) many different colours, and everything was (be) so beautiful! I spent (spend) a lot of time and effort to take care of my garden. Now, all I can do is (be) to hang up pictures of my favourite flowers. 





👈💕👉

No comments:

Post a Comment